Thursday 10 May 2018

Henry Matisse : Blue Nude II




My parents had a huge copy of Matisse's 1952 Blue Nude II when I was a child. I am not sure when they got rid of it as I can't remember when exactly it vanished between moves. I guess as it was one of the first pieces of art I ever saw I have always liked it and would really love a copy for above my stair way.

I know a lot of people think reproductions of famous artworks on their walls is a bit naff, but I say if it makes you happy then who cares? I haven't got time for all that snobbery :)


Below is a picture of Matisse's studio with some of his nudes on the wall


5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, so true! Who has time for that snobbery?
:)

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I too have copies of famous artwork on my walls. Pishaw to the nay sayers!

Lisa said...

SO many people buy prints of art these days! I’m glad when I see people using local originals and high quality art prints vs. mass produced commercial copies. Of course, I do love a stylish poster now and again.

Lynne said...

I had a reproduction of Van Gogh's Sunflowers on my wall for decades. He is my favourite painter and that particular painting remains one of my favourites by him. Nothing worse than art snobs. And did you see that a painting by Matisse fetched $33.6 million at auction a few days ago? And a Monet fetched $81m? Even if I had the money I would not spend that! Now THAT is the height of art snobbery to me.

Desert Woman said...

If you want a print you can get one at Art.com as I have seen them there. Love your blog!